Michigan saving room for top prospects
Don Bosco teammates Wright, Shumate considering playing together at Big House
Originally Published: October 12, 2011By Jared Shanker | Recruiting Nation
- Michigan hasn't landed a commitment since Aug. 8, but that isn't an indictment on the No. 5 class in the country. The Wolverines were very busy early and have 23 commitments in the fold to date, leaving only a handful of spots, which are being held for some of the country's top recruits. Recruits such as teammates ESPNU 150 CB Yuri Wright and four-star S Elijah Shumate, who patrol the secondary for Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, N.J.), the No. 1 team in the Fab 50. Wright, No. 41 overall, recently set up his first official visit -- Nov. 26 against Ohio State, a game the Wolverines will likely be favored to break a losing streak against the Buckeyes that dates to 2003.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
- Heisman RBs Salaam, Williams on Hall ballot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com