Jenkins-Stone eager to join U-M
Middle linebacker commit stands out for leadership skills and ability to tackle
- Editor's note: WolverineNation recruiting editor Tom VanHaaren will rank the Wolverines' commitments from 10-1 according to the importance of each to the 2012 roster. Prospect No. 2 is middle linebacker Royce Jenkins-Stone. ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Middle linebacker might be the most important position in Greg Mattison's defense. Having a leader on the field, someone who can run the defense and make big plays, is a necessity.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
PROSPECT A DAY
The Wolverines have 23 commits in the 2012 class. WolverineNation is ranking each of them by importance to next year's overall roster.
No. 1• OL Kyle Kalis
No. 2• LB Royce Jenkins-Stone
No. 3• S Jarrod Wilson
No. 4• OT Erik Magnuson
No. 5• LB James Ross
No. 6• DT Ondre Pipkins
No. 7• DE Tom Strobel
No. 8• CB Terry Richardson
No. 9• TE Devin Funchess
No. 10• OL Caleb Stacey