OT commit fills glaring need
Michigan staff was recruiting California prospect Magnuson while at San Diego State
- Editor's note: WolverineNation recruiting editor Tom VanHaaren will rank the Wolverines' commitments from 10-1 according to the importance of each to the 2012 roster. Prospect No. 4 is tackle Eric Magnuson. ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan's recurring theme with the 2012 recruiting posts has been about filling gaps and providing depth. The tackle position along the offensive line was a question mark, because the Wolverines really only have Taylor Lewan and Michael Schofield after this season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
PROSPECT A DAY
The Wolverines have 23 commits in the 2012 class. WolverineNation is ranking each of them by importance to next year's overall roster.
No. 1• OL Kyle Kalis
No. 2• LB Royce Jenkins-Stone
No. 3• S Jarrod Wilson
No. 4• OT Erik Magnuson
No. 5• LB James Ross
No. 6• DT Ondre Pipkins
No. 7• DE Tom Strobel
No. 8• CB Terry Richardson
No. 9• TE Devin Funchess
No. 10• OL Caleb Stacey