DT commit Pipkins plugs many holes
Wolverines beat several big-time programs for run stuffer with huge upside
- Editor's note: WolverineNation recruiting editor Tom VanHaaren will rank the Wolverines' commitments from 10-1 according to the importance of each to the 2012 roster. Prospect No. 6 is defensive tackle Ondre Pipkins. ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Defensive tackle was a big need for Michigan, and Ondre Pipkins is a huge get for the coaching staff. He is only rated as a three-star in the ESPNU rankings, but he performed well above that rating at camps this summer. At 6-foot-2 and 325 pounds, Pipkins has acknowledged that he will be working on getting in better shape.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
PROSPECT A DAY
The Wolverines have 23 commits in the 2012 class. WolverineNation is ranking each of them by importance to next year's overall roster.
No. 1• OL Kyle Kalis
No. 2• LB Royce Jenkins-Stone
No. 3• S Jarrod Wilson
No. 4• OT Erik Magnuson
No. 5• LB James Ross
No. 6• DT Ondre Pipkins
No. 7• DE Tom Strobel
No. 8• CB Terry Richardson
No. 9• TE Devin Funchess
No. 10• OL Caleb Stacey