Ray: Families fall for Mattison
Former Michigan safety bought into pitch from Mattison, Hoke in the 1990s
Updated: September 20, 2011, 9:49 PM ETBy Tom VanHaaren | WolverineNation
- One of the biggest hits in Michigan history -- it graced the cover of Sports Illustrated that week -- is Marcus Ray's bone-crushing pop on Ohio State's David Boston in 1997. Ray was an instrumental piece to Michigan's defense during his time on campus, and he credits a lot of that to Greg Mattison and Brady Hoke. "My mom still asks about Brady Hoke," he said. "He asks about her all the time, too. I don't know if he could even pick her out of a lineup, but the fact he still asks about her and her about him says a lot."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com