Back and Forth: Keys to season
WolverineNation's basketball writers discuss the team heading into the opener
- ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- With the tip off of the men's basketball season tonight, beat writers Michael Rothstein and Chantel Jennings go back and forth to discuss a few key issues surrounding the 2011-12 Michigan basketball team. Michael Rothstein: When there was excitement surrounding the team in 2009-10, Wolverines coach John Beilein tried to temper those expectations immediately -- beginning at his media day news conference. This season, he isn't doing that and this might be the most preseason attention the Wolverines will get until next year, when ESPNU No. 2 recruit Mitch McGary gets to campus. He isn't here this season, though, so I open our dialogue with this: Who is Michigan's most important player this season?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
- Heisman RBs Salaam, Williams on Hall ballot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Michigan Wolverines Maize Point Guard Basketball Shorts
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com