Projecting 2012 defensive depth chart
Analysis: LSU's defense was stellar in 2011, but might be more talented in 2012
Updated: January 18, 2012, 1:00 PM ETBy David Helman | GeauxTigerNation
BATON ROUGE, La. -- The LSU defense suffered some pretty scary losses following the 2011 season. The Tigers lost two likely first-round draft picks and two of the biggest reasons for their success in Morris Claiborne and Michael Brockers.
What might be even scarier is the amount of talent on hand to plug those holes. The Tigers go two or three deep at most positions, and as quickly as Claiborne and Brockers became national names, their replacements could have LSU fans drooling by September.
Josh D. Weiss/US PresswireDefensive back Tyrann Mathieu will return as one of the most feared defenders in 2012.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Lsu Tigers #18 Purple Football Game Jersey