UGA must fix second-half slumps
Updated: January 12, 2012, 1:15 PM ETBy David Ching | DawgNation
- Kevin C. Cox/Getty ImagesA 62-yard punt return for a TD by LSU's Tyrann Mathieu kick-started Georgia's downward spiral in the second half of the SEC championship game. It was soon followed by an Aaron Murray INT.ATHENS, Ga. -- If Georgia's final two games of the 2011 season taught the Bulldogs anything, it's that they still need to learn how to finish. Georgia (10-4) held halftime leads against LSU in the SEC championship game and Michigan State in the Outback Bowl only to wilt in the second half en route to back-to-back losses that put a damper on the Bulldogs' bounce-back season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com