Gurley off and running
Freshman had three scores against Buffalo
Updated: September 1, 2012, 6:09 PM ETBy David Ching | DawgNation
ATHENS, Ga. -- Todd Gurley has imagined how his first college game would play out plenty of times, but the reality might have been even better than the fantasy. The Georgia freshman tailback scored touchdowns on two of his first three college touches -- including a 100-yard kickoff return for a score -- and added a 55-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter of the Bulldogs' 45-23 win against Buffalo on Saturday.
"I didn't think it would be like this," said Gurley, who rushed eight times for 100 yards and two touchdowns. "Maybe I thought I'd have a touchdown and maybe a couple of 30-yarders or something. I didn't know it was going to be like this."
Dale Zanine/US PresswireTodd Gurley might have vaulted himself into the starting running back job.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Georgia Bulldogs Football Practice Legend Black T-shirt