Gurley off and running
Freshman had three scores against Buffalo
Updated: September 1, 2012, 6:09 PM ETBy David Ching | DawgNation
- ATHENS, Ga. -- Todd Gurley has imagined how his first college game would play out plenty of times, but the reality might have been even better than the fantasy. The Georgia freshman tailback scored touchdowns on two of his first three college touches -- including a 100-yard kickoff return for a score -- and added a 55-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter of the Bulldogs' 45-23 win against Buffalo on Saturday."I didn't think it would be like this," said Gurley, who rushed eight times for 100 yards and two touchdowns. "Maybe I thought I'd have a touchdown and maybe a couple of 30-yarders or something. I didn't know it was going to be like this."[+] EnlargeDale Zanine/US PresswireTodd Gurley might have vaulted himself into the starting running back job.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com