Sanders hopes move is just detour
Dismissed DB: Georgia Military College stint could lead back to Athens
Updated: June 24, 2012, 10:44 AM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- Less than 24 hours after the top prospect in Georgia, linebacker Josh Harvey-Clemons (Valdosta, Ga./Lowndes), had submitted his letter of intent to the University of Georgia, head coach Mark Richt sat in his office. Instead of celebrating the last addition of a top-five recruiting class, Richt was facing a much more undesirable situation and one that every college coach dreads. Allegations had emerged earlier in the week from players on the team that implicated freshman teammates Sanford Seay, Nick Marshall and Chris Sanders in the theft of more than $500 worth of money and valuables from players' dorm rooms.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com