Where will Mitchell likely excel?
Roundtable: Is receiver bound for defensive greatness?
Updated: May 30, 2012, 12:49 PM ETBy DawgNation Staff
One of the top storylines from Georgia's spring practice was the move of Freshman All-SEC wide receiver Malcolm Mitchell to cornerback. In his first year, Mitchell started nine games despite missing three with a hamstring injury. He ranked fourth in the SEC in yards per game (60.5) and fifth in receptions per game (4.1). So when Mark Richt announced that Mitchell would take almost all of his snaps in the spring on defense, fans were surprised. After a couple weeks of reports detailing how well Mitchell was performing at cornerback, the surprise turned to anticipation. So we look ahead to the fall with this week's DawgNation Roundtable question: "Where will Malcolm Mitchell excel this season -- on defense or on offense?"
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
- CFP group to discuss Navy's bowl eligibility
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Georgia Bulldogs Grey Football Practice Legend T-shirt