Where will Mitchell likely excel?
Roundtable: Is receiver bound for defensive greatness?
Updated: May 30, 2012, 12:49 PM ETBy DawgNation Staff
- One of the top storylines from Georgia's spring practice was the move of Freshman All-SEC wide receiver Malcolm Mitchell to cornerback. In his first year, Mitchell started nine games despite missing three with a hamstring injury. He ranked fourth in the SEC in yards per game (60.5) and fifth in receptions per game (4.1). So when Mark Richt announced that Mitchell would take almost all of his snaps in the spring on defense, fans were surprised. After a couple weeks of reports detailing how well Mitchell was performing at cornerback, the surprise turned to anticipation. So we look ahead to the fall with this week's DawgNation Roundtable question: "Where will Malcolm Mitchell excel this season -- on defense or on offense?"
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com