Mason proves ready for anything
Backup QB likely will redshirt in fall, but impressed in spring nonetheless
Updated: April 19, 2012, 2:17 PM ETBy David Ching | DawgNation
- ATHENS, Ga. -- Hutson Mason thought he performed well lately, but even he was surprised to be named Georgia's co-offensive MVP at the end of spring practice alongside fellow quarterback Aaron Murray. "I thought when they gave it to Murray that there was no way that they were going to give it to me," Mason said after completing 9 of 12 passes for 133 yards and a touchdown in last Saturday's G-Day game. "But I'm just thankful and blessed, and I think it speaks volumes about my development since I've been here and, I think, my potential.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com