Hoops, then recruiting for Bivin
Two-sport star is focused on tourney basketball and chasing a title
Updated: March 9, 2012, 9:54 AM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- Last Friday, the University of Georgia extended an offer to ESPNU 150 watch list offensive lineman Hunter Bivin (Owensboro, Ky./Apollo). The 6-foot-6, 290-pound junior was excited about the news but has put his recruitment on hold while he tends to the main attraction in the Bluegrass State, basketball."Honestly I am kind of behind on calling college coaches recently, because we won our district and state and we are in the state tournament," Bivin said. "Kentucky is one of three states in the country that does not have a class system, and Apollo is one of 16 teams left." The two-sport standout made All-Region and All-District teams this year after averaging around 15 points and 11 rebounds. While his future is on the gridiron, Bivins enjoys competing on the hardwood because of the tight-knit bond he has developed with his school.[+] EnlargeTom VanHaaren/ESPN.comOffensive line prospect Hunter Bivin has picked up 20 offers so far.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com