To Charles, bowl game is home
Georgia TE will be in his native Tampa for what could be his last college game
Updated: December 23, 2011, 12:51 PM ETBy David Ching | DawgNation
- AP Photo/Rich AddicksTeammate Aron White offered incentive for Orson Charles (above) to return in 2012: In the bowl, White plans to break their three-way tie (10) with Leonard Pope and claim UGA's all-time TDs by a tight end.ATHENS, Ga. -- Orson Charles and his Georgia Bulldogs teammates practiced here Tuesday for the final time this season, after which the junior tight end headed home to Tampa, Fla. -- where the Bulldogs will compete in the Outback Bowl after the holidays. That Jan. 2 game in his hometown against Michigan State might be the final time Charles plays for Georgia, although he says he has not determined whether making an early leap to the NFL is the correct decision.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com