Bulldogs nation honors Munson
Dooley, Richt, Georgia family gathers at Sanford Stadium for memorial
Updated: December 10, 2011, 5:23 PM ETBy David Ching | DawgNation
- Kelly Kline/Icon SMILarry Munson said of his legacy, 'Being part of the fans and part of the people, that's the way I'd like to be remembered.'ATHENS, Ga. -- The skies were blue and cloudless Saturday afternoon at Sanford Stadium, with a bit of a chill in the air. A few thousand fans occupied the stands, many of whom were wearing red and black. The Redcoat Band played "The Battle Hymn of the Bulldog Nation." Vince Dooley and Mark Richt stood on the sidelines.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com