5 Georgia recruiting war losses
Jackets' wins include Green Bay's Burnett, Johnson and Thomas
Updated: November 25, 2011, 12:37 PM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- ATHENS, Ga. -- With the schools located just 70 miles apart, the battle between Georgia and Georgia Tech, the two main universities in the Peach State, has been given the nickname "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate." Between "Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech," Georgia Tech's fight song and Georgia not acknowledging the two games during World War II, there is no love lost between these two fan bases. Counting those two games -- and the Georgia record books do not -- the Bulldogs lead the series 61 to 39, with five games ending in a tie. As rivalry weekend approaches, DawgNation takes a look at the top 10 in-state recruiting battles of the Mark Richt era, beginning with five Georgia lost to Georgia Tech.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com