It's a dog fight for Mustafaa
Lag time between prospects talks with recruiter hurt UGA's standing
Updated: May 6, 2012, 12:39 PM ETBy Radi Nabulsi | DawgNation
The Georgia Bulldogs are now tied with archrival Georgia Tech at the top of defensive end Naim Mustafaa's (Alpharetta, Ga./Alpharetta) leader board. This is a new development, considering that as recently as last Saturday it was not the case.
"Georgia was one of the first teams to recruit me, and I had really gotten into a good relationship with [UGA recruiting coordinator] Rodney Garner. We were pretty cool," Mustafaa said. "But after I started taking my other visits and stuff we just had a lack of contact. We didn't speak for a while. It was on both of us. We just fell out of contact. So my top teams were Georgia Tech, Tennessee and Auburn."
Radi Nabulsi/ESPN.comA renewed relationship with UGA recruiter Rodney Garner has put Georgia back in Naim Mustafaa's top schools, along with Georgia Tech, Auburn and Tennessee.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 'together We Swarm' Capital One Orange Bowl Bound Grey T-shirt