ESPN 150 nets 16 Ga. players
Nation's No. 1 prospect is Peach State powerhouse Robert Nkemdiche
Updated: April 17, 2012, 1:49 PM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- Radi Nabulsi/ESPN.comGeorgia product Carl Lawson came out of seemingly nowhere to claim the No. 4 spot among the ESPN 150's top overall prospects.The initial ESPN 150 for the 2013 recruiting class was announced today, and the latest rankings prove once again that Georgia is one of the premier states in elite football talent. In fact, a look at the last five years suggests that the Peach State is scrapping it out with California to claim rank as the third best producer of top-tier recruits, behind Florida and Texas. Since 2009, California has had 76 total prospects in the ESPN 150. In that same period, Georgia has had 78. For 2013, 16 Georgians have made the ESPN 150 while14 come from California. And for Georgia, it all obviously starts with the defensive end from Loganville.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN 150 RELEASE
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com