ILB Reggie Carter commits
UGA's 13th verbal for 2013 rewards Richt & Co. for faith in him after injury
Updated: April 9, 2012, 4:04 PM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- After taking his third visit to the University of Georgia on Saturday, this time with his family, Reggie Carter (Snellville, Ga./South Gwinnett) decided he had seen enough. The inside linebacker committed to the Bulldogs on Monday. "Georgia is loading up this year, and I did not want to waste any time," Carter said. "I called coach Bryan McClendon and he put me on the phone with all of the coaches and they were all really excited to hear I was committing to them. It feels great to be a Bulldog. I love the atmosphere and when I walk in there it feels like home."
The 6-foot-1, 225-pound ESPN 150 Watch List prospect earned offers from schools including FSU, UNC and South Carolina after a breakout sophomore season in which he unseated a 2011 Mississippi State signee en route to a 73-tackle, 10-sack performance for the year.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com