Prospect wants to stay at QB
Bauta has high interest in Georgia because Bobo would keep him at preferred position
Updated: October 31, 2011, 1:54 PM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- Since transferring from New York, Class of 2012 quarterback Faton Bauta (West Palm Beach, Fla./Dwyer) has adjusted well to his new home and the new playbook that coach Jack Daniels runs, which is a combination of pro-style and spread formations. Fauta has thrown for 720 yards and nine touchdowns and has run for 216 yards and six touchdowns. The 6-foot-3, 225-pound prospect is hoping schools see his continued progress as a quarterback and not just his athleticism. "Right now I need to find a school that believes in me being their quarterback for them for the next three to four years," Bauta said. "Lots of teams have told me they want me to be a quarterback, but I get the sense they would try to change my position when I get there."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com