Straight talk, with an accent
UGA professor doesn't know football, but his candor resonates with recruits
Updated: April 23, 2013, 9:18 AM ETBy Radi Nabulsi | DawgNation
- ATHENS, Ga. -- When Mark Richt was deciding which University of Georgia professor he wanted to have address visiting recruits and their families, he had his pick of quality candidates. Three Georgia instructors populate the Princeton Review's "The Best 300 Professors." Nine faculty members have been elected to the National Academy of Science, and over the years 10 have been elected to the American Association for the Advancement of Science. So why did Richt pick a high school dropout from England with zero knowledge of football?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com