Georgia has seen recent success recuiting backs in the Tar Heel State
In February, ESPN Watch List running back Elijah Hood (Charlotte, N.C./Charlotte Catholic) took visits to Michigan, Notre Dame and Ohio State -- three programs many felt were at the top of his list.
But after returning home and discussing things with his family, Hood made a major change in his recruitment, one that could help the University of Georgia once again come into North Carolina and poach an elite running back.
"I thought about some things and it just turned out I am focusing on schools closer to home, although I am still looking at Notre Dame," Hood said. "I am going to focus on North Carolina, Virginia Tech and Georgia. I will visit those schools, along with Notre Dame. It is the only school I can look at far away that I can feel 100 percent comfortable with leaving this area to go to."
For more on Georgia Bulldogs recruiting, sign up to become an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- L'ville to make Grantham among richest DCs
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Georgia Bulldogs Football Practice Legend Black T-shirt