Auburn legacy has eye on UGA
Rising junior is high on SEC, but would give ACC a chance as a Clemson WR
Updated: February 21, 2012, 2:01 PM ETBy Radi Nabulsi | DawgNation
- TYRONE, Ga. -- College football recruiting is speeding up every year, but it is still rare to see players offered in their sophomore year. More so, it's rare when the first offers to a sophomore come from major programs such as Georgia, Clemson and Auburn. Yet wide receiver Demarre Kitt (Tyrone, Ga./Sandy Creek) always has expected to be one of those select few. In fact, he was getting antsy. "He was worried about that a little bit last season, wanting his first offer," Sandy Creek receivers coach Lee Heaberlin said. "I told him, 'You are just a sophomore; just wait.' Demarre has been one of the best his whole life, has wanted to work towards a D-I scholarship and has been hoping and expecting it to come. I think now that it is here, it is more of a release than anything for him."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com