Vandy DE commit set for UGA official
Dawson committed early, but he says that all schools he's looking at have a chance
Updated: January 16, 2012, 11:11 AM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- When Josh Dawson (Tucker, Ga./Tucker) committed to Vanderbilt back in June, the recruiting process did not end for the 6-foot-4, 225-pound defensive end/outside linebacker. Several schools, including Georgia, remained in pursuit of Dawson, and as signing day approaches, he wants to take one last look to make sure he makes the right choice. Dawson will take an official to Georgia this weekend and to Vanderbilt next weekend (Jan. 20), and he is debating a visit to South Carolina as well. The Bulldogs recently turned up the heat on Dawson, and defensive coordinator Todd Grantham was in touch with Dawson on Tuesday afternoon. "I would say it has picked up a lot with Georgia lately," Dawson said. "I talked to Coach Grantham less than 30 minutes ago, and he said he was really excited about me coming up to visit. He told me that Jordan Jenkins and I could be something special coming off the edge."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com