Eligwe set to visit UGA
Coveted LB committed to FSU in April, but Dawgs' great season has made impact
Updated: December 8, 2011, 11:23 AM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- Last spring was cruel to the Georgia Bulldogs in regard to their search for an impact prospect at inside linebacker. First, Ukeme Eligwe (Stone Mountain, Ga./Stone Mountain) pledged to Florida State in April, then a few weeks later Dillon Lee (Buford, Ga./Buford) committed to Alabama. With the Bulldogs in dire need of playmakers who can step right in and play the position, the staff has not relented in its efforts to reel in one of the two top targets. Rated the No. 10 prospect in Georgia and the No. 3 inside linebacker in the country, Eligwe had 85 tackles, one sack, 13 tackles for loss, one interception and three fumbles caused in 10 games this season. Next season, Georgia will return just four inside linebackers, with Michael Gilliard and Christian Robinson being seniors. Eligwe didn't grow up a Georgia fan, and he is still committed to Florida State, but the Bulldogs' 2011 season and the opportunity to play early both have captivated the ESPNU 150 linebacker.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com