No. 2 RB commits to Georgia
Marshall was torn in waning hours before decision, but he wants to be a Dawg
Updated: December 6, 2011, 7:03 PM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- ATHENS, Ga. -- After targeting Keith Marshall (Raleigh, N.C./Millbrook) almost two years ago, Georgia's efforts finally paid off as the ESPNU 150's No. 6 prospect committed to the Bulldogs today. The 5-foot-11, 195-pound tailback had offers from schools across the country, but many felt that Georgia, Clemson, Florida, Notre Dame and South Carolina had the inside track for the five-star prospect. Marshall emerged as one of the top running backs in the 2012 class after running for 1,166 yards and 12 touchdowns as a sophomore. As they did with former five-star recruit Isaiah Crowell last season, head coach Mark Richt and running backs coach Bryan McClendon keyed in on Marshall early, working hard to form a connection with Marshall and his parents.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com