UGA staff looking deep at DB
DawgNation recruiting look: Five defensive players who could earn late Georgia offers
Updated: October 26, 2011, 2:22 PM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- ATHENS, Ga. -- At the moment, the University of Georgia has 10 spots available for the 2012 class. With less than four months until signing day, DawgNation takes a look at 10 prospects who might be on the cusp of getting offers, this time with five on the defensive side of the ball. Justin Thomason (McDonough, Ga./Eagles Landing Christian Academy) really saw his stock rise after more than holding his own against ESPNU 150 offensive tackle and UGA commit John Theus. The 6-foot-3, 235-pound Thomason, a defensive end/linebacker, has worked during his senior season on staying low, learning to use his hands more, and it looks like his decision to delay his commitment was a wise one, as more offers are coming in every day. Syracuse and NC State offered last week, putting Thomason at more than 20 to date. North Carolina and Vanderbilt have been mentioned as possibilities for official visits.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
- Heisman RBs Salaam, Williams on Hall ballot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com