Top three LBs dodge UGA offers
Recruiting analysis: New position coach tries to make up ground with in-state talent
Updated: October 22, 2011, 1:24 PM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- While the defensive line is the foundation of defensive coordinator Todd Grantham's 3-4 scheme, the linebackers are the playmakers. And everyone knows you can never have enough playmakers on the roster. So far in the 2011 season, the Bulldogs linebacking corps has been the benefactor of the beefy defensive line, but injuries have brought to light an alarming lack of depth at the position, especially at inside linebacker. Georgia could really use some game-ready help at the position, but will early commitments to out-of-state programs cause it to strike out in 2012?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com