Dawgs move quickly for D-line
Recruiting analysis: Augusta area yields bounty of talent that should fit well in 3-4
Updated: October 21, 2011, 12:47 PM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- With Georgia now in year two of implementing defensive coordinator Todd Grantham's 3-4 scheme, the Bulldogs are looking for larger defensive linemen who can hold up at the line of scrimmage. That calls for finding prospects who can play at 300-plus pounds and are adept at taking up more than one gap to allow the linebackers to make plays. That's a rare commodity, even in the NFL, so Georgia always will have its work cut out for it on the recruiting trails. Did the Bulldogs fill that need in 2012?
Defensive line analysis
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com