Four-star DE keeps UGA in mix
Alabama, Florida lead for Jordan Jenkins, but Grantham boosts Dawgs' chances
Updated: September 28, 2011, 3:58 PM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- Getting to the quarterback is important in any defensive scheme, but for University of Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham, it is paramount. His 3-4 defense is predicated on causing the quarterback to make bad decisions, so recruiting pass rushers to come in and wreak havoc off the edge is vital to the Bulldogs' success going forward. That is why Jordan Jenkins (Hamilton, Ga./Harris County) is one of, if not the, top prospect on Georgia's board. The 6-foot-3, 248-pound defender, ranked the No. 6 prospect in Georgia and 62nd overall in the country, has 24 tackles and six sacks through four games this year. With a decision expected at the Under Armour All-American game, the next three months will determine who gets Jenkins.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com