Dawgs sign three in-state prospects
Backcourt help on the way with pair of interchangeable guards and a small forward
Updated: November 9, 2011, 2:44 PM ETBy Kipp Adams | DawgNation
- ATHENS, Ga. -- Wednesday marks the first day of the early signing period for basketball, and the University of Georgia will add three talented in-state players for the 2012 class. Point guard Charles Mann (Alpharetta/Milton), shooting guard Kenny Gaines (Mableton/Whitefield Academy) and small forward Brandon Morris (Lithonia/Miller Grove) give Bulldogs coach Mark Fox a lot to work with in terms of versatility and size, and all three have bought into what the third-year coach is building in Athens. Gaines and Mann have the ability to play both guard positions, which should allow Fox to eaily switch their roles and assignments in games. Look for Mann to handle the ball more in the backcourt. Both players can score, but Mann says he likes to handle the ball more than Gaines and enjoys making the highlight reels with his passes as well.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com