What will 2013 class do?
Depth at defensive back and defensive end could see more action for freshmen
Updated: February 13, 2013, 2:34 PM ETBy David M. Hale | NoleNation
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- For all the hype that surrounds national signing day, the truth is that the bulk of the incoming freshmen won't blossom into impact players for at least another year or two. Based on recent seasons, about half will redshirt, a handful more will see only limited action and only a select few will get regular reps on game day. So, looking over this year's incoming freshmen, which ones are likely to get the first crack at stardom? NoleNation broke down the class, considering each players talent, skill set and the opportunity for playing time at their position, and made a few educated guesses.
For more analysis of Florida State football, sign up to become an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Florida State Seminoles Garnet #5 Replica Football T-Shirt