Early juco signing period winners
Updated: December 20, 2012, 1:41 PM ETBy Craig Haubert | RecruitingNation
- National signing day is rapidly approaching, but before the high school stars can sign, the midyear junior college signing period began Wednesday. Dozens of prospects took advantage of the opportunity and signed with Football Bowl Subdivision programs. While more prospects also committed, these midyear signings are particularly important, as they signify that the players will be on campus and able to go through spring ball. This allows coaches valuable extra time to work with them and lets the players acclimate to the program and increase the chances that they can make an impact in the fall. With the signing period underway and with a focus on players signed (not just committed), here are five teams (in alphabetical order) that should be feeling good about how things started:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
JUCO SIGNING PERIOD COVERAGE
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com