Enroll early, play early?
Five freshmen and one transfer are already in the fold and looking to play in 2012
Updated: January 18, 2012, 10:28 AM ETBy Michael DiRocco | GatorNation
- GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- There's no question that enrolling in January gives a freshman a head start on becoming ready to play on Saturdays in the fall. Florida has six players who are hoping to take advantage of participating in February conditioning, spring practice and offseason workouts. Here's a look at the six, with a summary of their strengths and weaknesses (based on the scouts report on each player's Recruiting Nation profile page) and a projection of the impact they could make in 2012:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com