Search delayed until after bowl
Muschamp has offensive coordinator, strength coach candidates in mind but will wait
Originally Published: November 16, 2011By Michael DiRocco | GatorNation
- GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida coach Will Muschamp is well on his way to hiring an offensive coordinator and strength and conditioning coordinator, but he said Monday he won't be making either hire until after the Jan. 2 TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl.
Muschamp said he has spoken with several people about the positions that were vacated when Charlie Weis and Mickey Marotti resigned to take other jobs. One was former UF quarterback and current Jacksonville University head coach Kerwin Bell. The two met and had lunch last week. Muschamp said he's taking his time with the hires because he wants to ensure that he finds people who are the right fit. He wants his new offensive coordinator to run a pro-style offense that doesn't differ much from the one that Weis ran this season before taking the head coaching job at Kansas.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
- Heisman RBs Salaam, Williams on Hall ballot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com