Early enrollee checkup
A look at how the newly enrolled Gators fared during spring practice
Updated: April 21, 2013, 10:00 PM ETBy Michael DiRocco | GatorNation
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- There's no question that enrolling in January and participating in spring practice is a huge benefit for any freshman. It certainly helped Tim Tebow in 2006, Mike and Maurkice Pouncey in 2007, De'Ante Saunders in 2011, and D.J. Humphries last season. The 15 practices plus exposure to the offense and defense gave them an advantage over the freshmen who arrived in July.
UF's newest group of early enrollees just finished spring practice. Here's a breakdown of how they did and their potential impact in the fall:
For more in-depth analysis on the Florida Gators, become an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Florida Gators Tailgater Junior-Size Football