Tide's Steele reflects on suspension
Andrew Steele has returned to the lineup but says there was a disconnect on team
Updated: February 29, 2012, 10:08 AM ETBy Alex Scarborough | TideNation
- TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Andrew Steele 's career path at Alabama has been turbulent. In the time it takes some players to earn their first minutes on the court, Steele has gone from reserve, to starter, to injured bench player, to retired student manager and all the way back again.So when Steele was suspended indefinitely and sent home by coach Anthony Grant just hours before the Jan. 11 game at LSU, frustration set in. For the first time in his career, Steele wasn't allowed to be part of the team. Watching the game on television, the redshirt junior from Birmingham, Ala., felt the sting of helplessness.[+] EnlargeAP Photo/John BazemoreDespite a drama-filled season, Andrew Steele believes UA can make the NCAA tournament.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alabama Crimson Tide Fusion Power Glow Ball Crimson T-Shirt
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com