Special teams could be stronger
Crimson Tide special teams finished strong and could be better in 2012
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- There was a point after the Nov. 5 showdown against LSU when the Crimson Tide very well could have folded. Alabama's national championship aspirations were circling the drain, and the blame was being placed squarely on the shoulders of UA's struggling special teams. The defense was superb, the offense adequate. So when Jeremy Shelley and Cade Foster combined to go 2 for 6 in field goal attempts against the Tigers, the special teams drew the ire of fans.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Seahawks Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alabama Crimson Tide Crimson Resonator T-shirt