Experience on both lines
Alabama has its most veteran players in the trenches, where titles are won
Updated: July 24, 2012, 8:57 AM ETBy Alex Scarborough | TideNation
- HOOVER, Ala. -- Ask any contractor, engineer or architect: When you build, you start by pouring a solid foundation. Without a stable base, the structure crumbles.The brick and mortar of the University of Alabama football team are its offensive and defensive lines. There lies the size, strength, and maybe most importantly, the bulk of experience. On the shoulders of 6-foot-something and 300-plus pound men, the Crimson Tide have built their foundation for this season, and it's a solid one.[+] EnlargeCal Sport Media via AP ImagesD.J. Fluker is expected to add plenty of experience to Alabama's offensive line in 2012.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com