AJ McCarron staying focused
Tide QB trying to become first to repeat in nearly three decades
Updated: March 21, 2012, 1:38 PM ETBy Alex Scarborough | TideNation
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- When AJ McCarron entered the media room at the Mal Moore Athletic Facility following practice on Monday, he seemed at ease, comfortable with his role as quarterback of the defending national champion Crimson Tide.
McCarron was his usual calm self, speaking barely above a whisper while fielding questions from a herd of reporters. The 21-year-old with a spotty beard and a dark flop of hair has grown into a seasoned team spokesman in his third year at the Capstone, more by necessity than choice.
Allen Kee/ESPN.comThe Tide's AJ McCarron doesn't feel added pressure to repeat.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
- Former PSU player Taliaferro now lawmaker
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alabama Crimson Tide Grey Football Practice Legend T-shirt