Tide's Steele reflects on suspension
Andrew Steele has returned to the lineup but says there was a disconnect on team
Updated: February 29, 2012, 10:08 AM ETBy Alex Scarborough | TideNation
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Andrew Steele 's career path at Alabama has been turbulent. In the time it takes some players to earn their first minutes on the court, Steele has gone from reserve, to starter, to injured bench player, to retired student manager and all the way back again.
So when Steele was suspended indefinitely and sent home by coach Anthony Grant just hours before the Jan. 11 game at LSU, frustration set in. For the first time in his career, Steele wasn't allowed to be part of the team. Watching the game on television, the redshirt junior from Birmingham, Ala., felt the sting of helplessness.
AP Photo/John BazemoreDespite a drama-filled season, Andrew Steele believes UA can make the NCAA tournament.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
- Former PSU player Taliaferro now lawmaker
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alabama Crimson Tide Crimson/white Full-zip Performance Basketball Hero Hoodie