Spring preview: Defensive line
Alabama was dominant across the defensive front in 2011 and is rebuilding
Updated: February 23, 2012, 11:47 AM ETBy Alex Scarborough | TideNation
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- It's hard to remember when the University of Alabama defensive line came under scrutiny in 2011.
But for a two-game stretch, the front three wasn't getting to the quarterback. For nine straight quarters, the Tide were held without a sack. Against North Texas and Penn State, the defense was getting to the quarterback, just not in time.
Matthew Emmons/US PresswireDefensive coordinator Kirby Smart is rebuilding Alabama's defensive line for 2012.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
- CFP officials won't budge on semis, title dates
- Ex-Heel Ramsay: Suit filed to improve education
- Arkansas' Long re-elected as CFP chairman
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alabama Crimson Tide Crimson Resonator T-shirt