Alabama correct choice for Morris
Alec Morris, Alabama's lone QB signee in 2012, sought tips from former Tide player
Updated: February 9, 2012, 5:05 PM ETBy Alex Scarborough | TideNation
- TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Before Alec Morris ever committed to the University of Alabama, he had a conversation with another Texas quarterback who took a similar path years earlier.It was early August and Morris, the 6-foot-3, 235-pound signal caller from Allen, Texas, had a choice to make. He had just received an unexpected offer from the Tide and, although already committed to Wake Forest, he wrestled with the idea of playing for coach Nick Saban. Alabama seemed the way to go, but he had to be certain. So before he called Saban to give him the good news, he dialed up former Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy for direction.[+] EnlargeMark J. Rebilas/US PresswireFormer Tide quarterback Greg McElroy and 2012 QB Alec Morris have several similarities.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com