Alabama already targeting 2013 needs
Offensive line, tight end among positions at which Tide have identified key prospects
Updated: February 2, 2012, 10:24 PM ETBy Alex Scarborough | TideNation
- TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- What made the University of Alabama's 2012 signing class so impressive was not all the stars or the team-high 13 prospects from the ESPNU 150. It was the fact coach Nick Saban and the rest of the staff got talented players at positions of need. They weren't frivolously reaching for the headline players; they were looking for the right players.Saban singled out a few areas and attacked, snatching up two stellar wide receivers to fill the holes left behind by Marquis Maze and Brandon Gibson, and nabbing three of the four the best linebackers in the state to replace Dont'a Hightower and Courtney Upshaw. Before the kicking debacle on Nov. 5 ever happened, the staff had secured the commitment of Adam Griffith, a top 10 kicker.Jamie Newberg/ESPN.comO.J. Howard could be a force at tight end for Alabama in 2013.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com