Alabama's 10 recruits who busted
Mike Ford, Star Jackson are among those who never panned out for Crimson Tide
Updated: January 25, 2012, 1:45 PM ETBy Alex Scarborough | TideNation
- TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- One week from today recruits across the country will sign national letters of intent, beginning what they hope will be a college career that will culminate with their selection in the first round of the NFL Draft. It's an amazing time for a recruit. They are courted and wooed by some of the nation's top coaches. Championships and All-American honors are promised. Stardom is just seven months away. For some of those recruits, however, their athletic career peaks the day they sign. For whatever reason -- off-field issues, injuries, lack of drive, attitude problems, lack of talent -- they don't make it. Sometimes they don't even make it to the field.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The 10 Who Never WereRecruitingNation takes a look at 10 highly touted recruits from each of our sites' schools who didn't live up to their high school hype.
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com