Post-spring depth chart: Defense
Settling the secondary has become an issue for national champs
Updated: May 3, 2013, 10:20 AM ETBy Alex Scarborough | TideNation
- TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Now that spring practice has ended, TideNation takes a look at Alabama's projected defensive depth chart. An asterisk denotes a player who enrolled early: Cornerback
Starter: Deion Belue (Sr.) Backup: John Fulton (Sr.)
Whether Belue is ready to take the mantle as the next great Alabama cornerback remains to be seen, but at least for the spring he appeared to be headed in that direction. The former junior college transfer was inconsistent last season and often out of place in coverage. That wasn't the case at A-Day, where he attacked the football and played with confidence, a good sign for a secondary dealing with significant turnover yet again.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com