Scout on Nkemdiche to Clemson
The No. 1 prospect in the Class of '13 gives Clemson a versatile defender
Updated: June 15, 2012, 10:11 AM ETBy Craig Haubert | ESPN Recruiting
- In 2008, Clemson signed the nation's top-rated prospect in defensive lineman Da'Quan Bowers. Now, a few years later, the Tigers are poised to sign the No. 1 player in the land again.In a bit of a surprising move Thursday, five-star DL Robert Nkemdiche verbally committed to Clemson while on a visit. This is a huge pickup for the Tigers, as not only do they land an ultratalented prospect, but the news should only help them as they continue to build their 2013 class.[+] EnlargeCourtesy of Grayson High School Robert Nkemdiche gives Clemson a versatile and potentially dominant defender.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Clemson Tigers Mini Rubber Football
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com