Kohl's Western Showcase recap
Updated: February 13, 2012, 3:20 PM ETBy Jamie Kohl | ESPN RecruitingNation
- Washington native Cameron Van Winkle was the most outstanding performer at the Western Showcase and will be one of America's most-recruited specialists. The junior won the punting competition and the kickoff charting session at camp. Cory Durkee has already committed to the University of Washington but wanted to come out and compete and he showed why Washington offered him a full ride. He was outstanding on his kickoffs and punts and should compete early at Washington at both positions. Travis Nicklaw, from University High School in California, won the fieldgoal competition with a 60-yard blast. He and junior Miles Bergner, from Longmont High School in Colorado, had the whole camp's attention during their intense showdown. They both hit from 57 yards after making five fieldgoals prior. This was the best showdown we have seen this winter and it was an impressive showing for both athletes.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com