O'Brien could struggle with first class
Even with big holes this year, it is best to not judge him until the 2013 recruiting class
Originally Published: January 6, 2012By Jared Shanker | ESPN Recruiting Nation
- With Penn State set to hire New England Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien, the Nittany Lions can finally turn the recruiting corner. But there is a lot of work to be done. Penn State commitments and targets were left for months without answers as to who would guide them out of the tunnel next season in Beaver Stadium. It was a foregone conclusion in November the current staff would not be retained after Tom Bradley replaced iconic coach Joe Paterno on an interim basis in November.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com