Larry Fedora has plan in place for UNC
New UNC coach wants to focus on in-state recruits and be aggressive on the field
Originally Published: December 15, 2011By Jamie Newberg | ESPN Recruiting Nation
- New North Carolina coach Larry Fedora's recruiting philosophy will be pretty simple: put a fence around the state and keep the top players home. "There are so many great players from the state of North Carolina," Fedora said. "Look at programs like Clemson, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, and Virginia. Look how many kids there are on those rosters from North Carolina. We have to make sure kids in this state understand that they can obtain every dream and goal and don't have to leave home. Come to UNC. Let's stay together. Let's win championships."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com